If you are a small business start-up, one of the first strategies you need to include in your budget is digital signage to attract the attention of passing traffic to your store. Online marketing is also essential, but you definitely need to take advantage of people who walk, drive or take the bus past your store every day, and for that you need some sort of signage at the front of your store.
So to help you put together a digital signage project that will put you in good stead when you talk to your local LED sign shop, here are 7 questions you need to ask yourself.
- What is the purpose of your signage? Do you want signs that promote your business, advertise a discount sale, engage your customers or provides directions to your shop? Knowing the purpose of each type of digital signage is vital to crafting a complete promotional range of signs.
- Who is your target audience? Any type of promotional campaign needs to be designed for your target audience, so identifying this is one of your first steps.
- What are your key messages? Each type of sign will most probably require a different key message, so keep these short and simple, because people have one or two seconds to read your signage as they pass by.
- Have you finalised your branding? This is an essential component of your digital signage and is one of the ways that customers will recognise your business. You need to have your branding and logo finalised, before meeting with your local LED sign shop.
- What are the best locations? Can you locate a pylon sign outside your shop, on the corner of the street or even closer to the freeway? Think about the best locations for your signs, before you contact your LED sign shop.
- What’s your budget? This will depend on the type of signage you need for your business, which will in part be influenced by your answer to the first question above. Talking to your local LED sign shop at this point is always helpful, because they can cost your signage, giving you time to reassess your budget if necessary.
- Which signs are most effective? Take a look around the locality and check out all of the signage used by other businesses. How will your signs stand out amongst all of these others and which ones catch your eye?
If you are ready to chat about digital signage for your small business start-up, call us today and get a commercial signage quote from the local experts.